Admin Manager/Executive Assistant to the Economic Counsellor [fr]
The Admin Manager will have the double role of performing all internal administrative duties for the Economic Department in communication with the Economic Counsellor, Deputy, and other departments within the Embassy, as well as contributing to the work of the department through the organisation of department matters and the production of written works.
• Executive Assistant to the Economic Counsellor and Deputy;
• Administrative management, management of staff and interns;
• Logistics management for public events and visits from delegations;
• Administrative and logistics management for all aspects of tasks carried out by the Economic Department;
• Budget preparation and accounting in cooperation with the embassy’s administrative department;
• In charge of overseeing the functioning of the Department’s technology equipment;
• Webmaster for Economic Department website;
• Administrative management of Pacific Zone Memberships of the French Foreign Trade Advisers Group (CCEF);
• Report writer and researcher on certain topics (real estate, cost of living, pension and retirement, wage growth, exchange rate, etc.);
• Contribution to the department’s responses for some benchmarking studies.
• Translation work for the day-to-day running of the department, and visits by delegations (letters, contracts, biographies, programs, etc.).
• Native speaker level of English and a professional working knowledge of French;
• Rigorous execution of sensitive administrative and accounting tasks;
• Initiative and organisational skills;
• Ability to work in a team and with people external to the embassy;
• Discretion and loyalty (handling confidential files).
• Good interpersonal communication skills;
• Strong competency with Microsoft Office suite.
Salary and conditions:
The proposed annual salary is AUD 61,815 for 37 hours work per week, plus 11.75% Super contribution and 5-weeks of paid annual leave.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply, but non-Australian citizen candidates must have a visa allowing them to work in Australia. The Embassy does not offer visa sponsorship for foreign applicants.
Applications (CV and cover letter) should be addressed to the Economic Adviser and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position has a tentative start date of 18/09/2017 (TBC). Applications must be submitted by September 10, 2017.