Applications for the ‘Courants du Monde’ Program are open!
The ‘Courants du Monde’ program enables young French-speaking professionals to attend training sessions focusing on Arts and Culture. This program was initiated by the French Ministry of Culture and Communications, and is managed by the Maison des Cultures du Monde.
These training sessions are organised as theoretical and practical group discussions.
• Arts numériques et nouveaux enjeux pour la création artistique – Maison des Cultures du Monde (Paris)
• Les politiques de la culture et leur administration – Observatoire national des Politiques Culturelles (Grenoble)
• Financement et économie de la culture – Université Paris-Dauphine (Paris)
• Conservation physique et numérique des collections des bibliothèques – Bibliothèque nationale de France (Paris)
For a detailed description of each seminar, please refer to the corresponding information sheet.
Dates of the program:
The program will take place from Monday 30 November (opening plenary) to Friday 11 December included (closing plenary). The training sessions will be held from Tuesday 1 December to Thursday 10 December included.
• Around 5 years of relevant professional experience (preferably in a public or private cultural institution, firm, or government department) are required.
• Good French language skills essential (minimum level B2 following the guidelines of the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues is required).
Applications will be selected based on:
• Professional excellence
• The applicant’s involvement at work
• The relevance and coherence of the applicant’s motivation, objectives and projects in link with the chosen training session
• The applicant’s French language skills – this is an essential criterion.
The participants’ expenses will be covered from Sunday 29 November included until Saturday 12 December (in the morning) included.
1. The Embassy of France in Australie will bear international travel costs.
2. The French Ministry of Culture and Communication will bear the following expenses:
• Tuition fees
• Accommodation in Paris and other regions when applicable
• Regional travel expenses when applicable
• Insurance and healthcare cover
• A daily 36 euro meal allowance will be provided
How to apply:
To apply, candidates are required to fill out the following application form.
The completed application form, including all required additional documents, must be sent to the Embassy of France in Australia by the 21st of September 2015.
Candidates are required to carefully fill out all the sections in the application form,
• in French only
• electronically or in capital letters
• including all the required additional documents.
Applications that are directly sent by the candidate to the Maison des Cultures du Monde will be disqualified.
All applications must reach the Embassy of France in Australia by the 21st of September 2015 – late applications will be disqualified.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Ariane Defreine – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 02 6216 0137
Catherine Annoepel – email@example.com
Phone : (+33.1) 45 44 08 39
For further information, please refer to the following document.
Applications must be sent to the Embassy of France in Canberra, at the following postal address:
Embassy of France
Higher Education Office - Courants du Monde
6 Perth Avenue