Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in New Caledonia [fr]
This is a wonderful opportunity to discover New Caledonia and its culture, and to improve your French language skills.
Please read the information below and click here to apply.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents***.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of application, and must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions (from 13 March 2018).
- Candidates must have a minimum Level B1 in French (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
- Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Candidates must submit a National Police Check no older than three months.
***Permanent residents: for information regarding the requirements, please contact email@example.com.
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom with oral and written English for small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
- Length: 7 months, from March 13 2018 to October 13 2018.
- A 12-hour per week schedule.
- Net monthly allowance: 1530 € (182 000 F CFP).
NB: Cancellation of an appointment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.
Information will be available once the selection has been made.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org