Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in New Caledonia [fr]
This is a wonderful opportunity to discover New Caledonia and its culture, and to improve your French language skills.
Please read the information below and click here to apply.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers, but is a fantastic opportunity to gain seven months of international professional experience.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents***.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of application, and must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions (from 11 March 2019).
- Candidates must have a minimum Level B1 in French (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
- Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- At the time of their visa appointment, candidates will be required to submit a National Police Check dated no older than three months.
***Permanent residents: for information regarding the requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Participating in language training for students in and out of class. Leading study on the themes of civilization and, in general, aiming to interest students and teachers in the language and culture of Australia.
- Providing help in the classroom with oral and written English for small groups of students for 12 hours every week. Working either work with a teacher in their class, or leading a variety of exercises with a small group of students, or conducting a variety of activities outside of school hours, accompanying the teachers.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers. The assistant can help the teachers on many extra occasions : visits, exchanges, exhibitions, drama groups, publication of a newspaper, school correspondence, club activities, creation of didactic material.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library. The assistant is advised to bring documents (newspaper articles, magazines, video, poetry, songs, tourist documents, printed matter related to everyday life).
- Length: 7 months, from March 11 2019 to October 11 2019.
- A 12-hour per week schedule.
- Net monthly allowance: 1529 € (182 000 F CFP).
- You will benefit from school holidays. The calendar is online : [http://www.ac-noumea.nc/spip.php?rubrique64]
More information is available here:
Information will be available once a selection has been made.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
NB: DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM if you are intending on visiting New Caledonia for any reason alternative to a contract as a language assistant. While we do our best to take into account your indicated preferences for region, we cannot guarantee the location of your placement. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM if you do not intend to follow through with the contract. Before applying, you must be sure that your current situation permits your activities in New Caledonia for the period indicated. If your circumstances change at any moment after submitting your application, and put you at risk of having to withdraw, you MUST inform the Embassy immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation of an appointment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.