Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in Wallis-and-Futuna [fr]
Please contact email@example.com to be notified about the next application period.
This program is designed to give students the opportunity to discover a new region and culture by working alongside an English teacher in a French school environment. It is not aimed at experienced teachers, and whether or not students intend to become language teachers, it is a fantastic opportunity to gain seven months of international professional experience.
The program in Wallis and Futuna offers a unique experience in an environment rich in culture and participants will discover a completely new and foreign daily life immersed in the local environment.
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Participating in language training for students in and out of class. Leading study on themes of civilization and, in general, aiming to interest students and teachers in the language and culture of Australia.
- Providing help in the classroom with oral and written English for small groups of students. Working either with a teacher in their class, or leading a variety of exercises with a small group of students, or conducting a variety of activities outside of school hours, accompanying the teachers.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers. The assistant can help the teachers on many extra occasions : visits, exchanges, exhibitions, drama groups, publication of a newspaper, school correspondence, club activities, creation of didactic material.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library. The assistant is advised to bring documents (newspaper articles, magazines, video, poetry, songs, tourist documents, printed matter related to everyday life).
- Length: 7 months - from March 1 2020 to September 30 2020
- A 12-hour per-week schedule in one or more secondary schools
- Net monthly remuneration: 2007 € (239 499 F XFP)
- Monthly living allowance: 460,90€
- Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their position (from 1 March 2020). They should also preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of their application, and must have completed at least 2 years of university studies.
- Minimum Level B1 in French is required (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM if you do not intend to follow through with the contract. Before applying, you must be sure that your current situation permits your activities in Wallis-and-Futuna for the period indicated. If your circumstances change at any moment after submitting your application, and put you at risk of having to withdraw, you MUST inform the Embassy immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation of an assignment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.