Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in Wallis-and-Futuna [fr]
The applications for the 2018 English Language Teaching Assistant Program in Wallis and Futuna are now closed. Applications for the 2019 program will open in early 2018.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified about the next application period.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their position (from 1 March 2018). They should also preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of their application, and must have completed at least 2 years of university studies.
- Minimum Level B1 in French is required (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom in oral and written English with small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
- Length: 7 months - from March 1 2018 to September 30 2018
- A 12-hour per-week schedule in one or more secondary schools
- Net monthly remuneration: 1978 € (236 038,19 F XFP)
- Monthly living allowance: 460,90€
NB: Cancellation of an appointment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.
Information will be available once the selection has been made.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com