FAQ Dossier Blanc

What should I do if I didn’t complete my secondary education in Australia?
- Please contact the Embassy of France or the Campus France office in the country where you completed your secondary education in order to find out the procedure, specifying that you are now living in Australia.

I am not an Australian or European citizen but I completed my secondary education in Australia. Which procedure is relevant to me?
- Unless you are a European citizen, if you completed your secondary education in Australia you must submit a Dossier Blanc to the Embassy in Australia.

Do I need to translate my passport/birth certificate/transcript?
- Any document which already contains French doesn’t need to be translated. For everything else, please provide an official translation. A list of translators is available on the site.

Do I need to provide original documents for my passport/birth certificate/transcript?
- Please do not provide original documents as they will not be returned to you. You should provide a certified copy of any original documents. You can get this done by your local Justice of the Peace.

What kind of ID card do I need to provide?
- A copy of your passport is sufficient - Driver’s license and other forms of ID aren’t accepted. If you do not yet have a passport you will need to obatin one before applying.

What should I do if I haven’t undertaken a DELF/DALF/TCF test yet?
- If you haven’t done the test yet you must book one with your local Alliance Française and provide proof of your booking with the date and time you will do the exam. Following the exam, please forward a copy of the diploma when it arrives.

What should I do if I’ve taken a DELF/DALF/TCF test but haven’t received the diploma?
- You should have an attestation de réussite (certificate of achievement). You can provide this for now and send us a copy of the diploma when it arrives.

Which situation applies to me and which documents do I need to provide?
- According to your situation (A1, A2, B1, B2, B3) the required documents to attach to your DAP are specified in the Notice Explicative:

What should I write under the section “mention”?
- Please indicate N/A, as we do not use the system passable, assez bien... in Australia.

What should I write under the section “série”?
- Please indicate the subjects you undertook in Year 12.

Can you double-check my DAP is correctly filled out before sending it to the university?
- The Embassy cannot correct or edit the DAP. Any incomplete or late admissions can’t be accepted.

Can I send my DAP by email?
- No. You must send it via post to the address indicated.

Where can I find international reply coupons?
- As indicated in the Notice Explicative, you must provide five envelopes and five international reply coupons with your DAP. These can be purchased from any Australia Post outlet.

Dernière modification : 18/11/2020

top of the page