International cycles - ENA
For over sixty years, ENA has included students from all continents of the world, recruited with the assistance of French embassies. Over 3,650 students from abroad have received training at the school.
The school offers a variety of programs for foreign students – including young people still pursuing their studies and both young and more experienced members of their country’s civil service. One of the founding principles of these international cycles is to stimulate the sharing of points of view and experience, by alternating classroom work and on-the-job experience (stages).
The Long International Course (12 months + 2 months) is aimed at young foreign civil servants and foreign public agents, and in some very exceptional cases, to foreigners who have shown a career plan that involves a commitment to public service in their countries of origin.
This Cycle is coupled with three professional masters courses :
- Masters’ degrees in Public management and Administration
- Master’s degree in Public Action in Europe
- Master’s degree in Public Communication
These are organized by ENA in partnership with prestigious French universities: Paris CELSA; Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, and the University of Strasbourg.
The international advanced training course (CIP - 8 months) The international advanced training course is open to civil servants or public sector agents holding a position of responsibility and having sufficient professional background (minimum 5years) to share experience with French and foreign colleagues.
Students registered on this course have the possibility of studying for Masters in one of two special areas:
- Administrations and international affairs
- Administrations and public management
These are organized by ENA in partnership with prestigious French universities: Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, and the University of Strasbourg.
The IRA International Course (CiIRA - 8 months) This course lasting 8 months shares the same objectives as the initial training given to French trainee “attachés”, who have passed the IRA competitive entrance examinations and who are destined to hold administrative management posts and responsibilities in ministerial departments in Paris or in ministries’ local branches and field services throughout the country.
- be civil servants or public sector officers,
- have a degree at Masters 1 level or have completed an equivalent course
- have at least some professional experience,
- speak and write fluent French,
- pass the joint ENA/IRA entrance examinations which require a good knowledge of the French administrative system and the European institutions
To register and for more information: here