Nicolas Baudin Program: general stream
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will open in March 2018.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant is designed to encourage students to undertake study, research or professional development in France.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant consists in a return flight ticket between Australia and France.
Recipients of French government grants are also covered by social security during their time in France, as well as being exempt from paying any visa fees.
Students are eligible to apply through the following frameworks:
1) Students seeking to undertake a research internship in a French laboratory in collaboration with a French company in the framework of the “Internship in France” initiative.
2) Students seeking to undertake a research internship in France outside of the Embassy’s “Internship in France” initiative.
3) Students enrolled at an Australian university seeking to take part in an exchange program /study abroad at a French establishment.
4) Students seeking to pursue a full degree at a French university (students will obtain a French degree at the end of their studies), including double degrees jointly offered by a French and an Australian university.
5) Students seeking to undertake a short term program at a French establishment. This includes summer and winter school programs.
- Students from all fields and disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Students enrolled in Undergraduate, Honours, Masters programs and doctoral studies are eligible to apply. NB: PhD students are only eligible to apply for the “Internship in France” initiative scheme. A new separate mobility problem for PhD students will be launched shortly by the Embassy. Further information on this will be made available soon.
- Australian citizens and international students enrolled in Australian universities are eligible to apply.
- French citizens studying in Australia are not eligible to apply.
A proof of proficiency in French will only be required for students willing to enroll in a program taught entirely in French.
Applications will be open from the beginning of March to the end of April 2018.
Applications must be completed online. Click HERE to access the application form.
For further information please consult the FAQ document.
The Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant can only be awarded once and cannot be renewed.
A report, in the form of a questionnaire, will be asked of the successful Nicolas Baudin Travel Grant applicants at the end of their stay in France.
For all questions regarding the grant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out about the 2017-2018 Nicolas Baudin Program Laureates please click here.