POSITION VACANT: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Alliance française de Canberra
The CEO of the Alliance Francaise de Canberra (AFC) leads an experienced and motivated team to support the delivery of French language and cultural activities across the capital region. The AFC Committee would like to hear about your ability to lead operations into the future.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Alliance française de Canberra
As the established specialist French Language and Culture provider in the ACT, the AFC has enriched the region for over 75 years through the delivery of French language education from beginner to business specialist, international cultural events and educational programs for schools.
The AFC President and Committee are seeking expressions of interest from professionals with proven skills appropriate to the management of an active, well-established for-purpose organisation.
As CEO you will be an important part of the Canberra and capital region cultural scene and can expect a fast pace and full calendar. Your established negotiation, influencing and networking skills will be sufficiently robust for meetings with all levels of the AFC, the Community, Government and Business.
You will be working across many areas and be expected to:
- Respond to and service the decisions of the AFC Committee
- Deliver the operational and administrative role of CEO
- In conjunction with the Head teacher and Culture & Communications Manager, ensure balance between the educational and operational needs
- Closely collaborate with the Education and Administrative groups
- Build rapport with diplomatic and community groups
- Manage and strengthen corporate and donor relationships
- Facilitate educational excellence and professional delivery
- Maintain key local, national and international Alliance Française relationships
- Show honest commitment to the AFC and regional Francophile community
We will value your:
- Ability to speak fluent French
- Australian permanent residence status
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team focus
- Commercial acumen
- Understanding of event management
- Ability to inspire
- Self-starting professional reputation
- Ability to adapt across all levels of the community
You will be supported, mentored and partnered by the AFC Committee and your Staff to continue the success of the company and deliver future growth opportunities.
Through you, the AFC will be able to deliver the Committee’s Vision and Strategy.
The AFC CEO role is a rare professional opportunity which can build on your already successful career.
For a confidential discussion please call Bob Clark on 0424 755 782 or email at Bob@7point.net.au.
Please note: Initial (non-contact) interviews with shortlisted candidates will be in the days following the close of applications, and full (in person) interviews with final candidates will be held before 12 August 2020.
Applications close at 1700 on Wednesday, 29 July 2020.
Apply here : https://www.seek.com.au/job/50265933