Restrictions : return to France [fr]
Update of information following the statements made by the President of the Republic. The President of the Republic has announced the restoration of containment from Friday, October 30, 2020 at least until December 1.
All the measures will be detailed shortly by the Government.
Returns from the autumn student vacation will be tolerated until Sunday, November 1. Travel from one region to another will be prohibited.
What restrictions apply to travelers from countries outside the European area?
As announced by the President of the Republic, border controls will be reinforced by requiring a test to be carried out 72 hours in advance for any person wishing to come to France from a country outside the European Union, with, as an exception, a test on arrival for those who do not have the test result.
France identifies several lists of countries where the virus is actively circulating, depending on their health situation:
Coming from countries where the virus is still actively circulating, I must have several documents before traveling:
- The result of an RT-PCR virological test, dated less than 72 hours before my flight. If I have not done it before boarding, I will be advised to respect a voluntary quarantine and the precautionary measures on the flyer that will be given to you upon arrival. I can also use the health checkpoints at the airport to carry out a test immediately ;
- A declaration on my honour that I do not present any symptoms of Covid-19 infection and that I am not aware of having been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to my flight ;
- A certificate of derogatory travel to metropolitan France from third countries, as well as several documents justifying the reason for your travel.
Coming from countries in which the virus is still actively circulating, I must have several documents before traveling:
- I must provide you with the documents mentioned above;
- If a test can be carried out in your country of departure : I must present the result of this test carried out less than 72 hours before my departure, controlled before boarding by the airline companies;
- If a test cannot be carried out in my country of departure : I will be directed to the health checkpoints at the airport on arrival to carry out an RT-PCR test. In case of refusal, I may be likely to comply with a quarantine per prefectoral decree.
I can do this quarantine at home or in a dedicated accommodation if I do not have suitable accommodation.
Let’s keep barrier behaviors to protect ourselves and those around us :
- Wash your hands very regularly;
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or into a tissue;
- Use a disposable tissue and throw it away;
- Salute without shaking hands, avoid hugs;
- Keep a distance of 1 meter;
- Wear a mask in all places where it is mandatory, and as much as possible beyond;
- Air your interior regularly (10 minutes 3 times a day);
- Limit your gatherings to 6 people.
- Use the digital tools at your disposal