Science and Technology section overview
The primary aim of the Science and Technology section within the Department of Cooperation and Cultural Action, is to promote Research and Development in Australia and to demonstrate the strengths in scientific and technological strengths Australia to France. In addition, the Science and Technology section aims to facilitate the exchange and cooperation between Australia and France.
The programs are primarily organised around three main areas:
- initiating and supporting of co-hosted bilateral scientific events (conferences, seminars, symposium)
- encouraging and developing research exchanges, through the implementation of Franco-Australian programs
- facilitating communication and science diplomacy among researchers, research institutions and socio-economic actors in both Australia and France (covering science news updates, technological advancements, enabling meetings between research and industry, and coordinating a network of French researchers in Australia).
The four main exchange programs and bilateral mobility are:
- Scientific Mobilisation program is offered by the Embassy to finance transport between Australia and France for researchers (PhD students, postdocs, researchers and research assistants etc).
- The French-Australia Collaboration Science Innovation Partnership (FASIC) is a program of excellence funded by the departments of French and Australian research, in partnership with the Australian Academy of Sciences, for early career researchers in areas of scientific priority.
- SAFE - Scholarship ANSTO and the Embassy of France, Following the signing of a collaboration agreement with ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation), the SAFE program enable French researchers to work alongside research teams at ANSTO.
- Fonds Pacifique (in French): Established in 1985, the Pacific Fund contributes to regional integration of New Caledonia, the French Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna. In 2014, the Embassy of France supported a project initiated by the Australian National University for the study of freshwater sources in the Pacific.
|Embassy of France in Australia
|6 Perth Avenue|
|Yarralumla ACT 2600|
|Tél. : (+61) 2 6216 0139|
|Fax : (+61) 2 6216 0156|
|Email : science.canberra-amba(at)diplomatie.gouv.fr|